Friday, October 29, 2010

New Fall Tradition -- Football!

Tonight we went to support a friend in our Care Group who is an assistant band director at an area high school by attending the football game her band was playing at.  Weirdly, it happened to take place at the football stadium of the school I went to and the opponent was the school my husband went to!  It was perfect football weather -- unseasonably crisp and chilly for Texas.

Ryleigh and Zander were very excited about going and Ryleigh kept asking "if there would be cheerleaders there", which I didn't even know that she cared about.  :)  Zander and Lily "danced" on the bleachers during the portions when the band played and all the kids seemed to have a grand time.

I myself had flashbacks to going to my own high school games -- of never knowing the score or what was going on with actual game play most of the time; of how uncomfortable the hard, ice-cold bleachers felt; of how unusually yummy the concession food was even though I might not have even touched it elsewhere; of the admiration I always felt for the marching band; of the fun of talking to friends and feeling a buoyant allegiance to my school.

We had to leave at half time to get home before the kids passed out from sleepiness, but we all had a great time and I'm thinking that we need to make a high school football game one of our fall traditions!

Sundi

1 comment:

  1. ...And Boswell won like a million to 7!! Go Bos!

    ...Sorry, Cara! :)

    ReplyDelete