Sunday, November 28, 2010

-Isms As You Wait



I have been really bad and not posted anything about Thanksgiving or Kevin's birthday or Christmas decorating, largely because our digital camera has gone on strike and I'm reliant on getting the photos from family members and Kevin's iPhone!  And I really want to post photos -- they make every post better, right?

So, until then, I thought I'd post some sayings, some Ryleigh- and Zander-isms, to brighten your day or night.


  • Zander to his dad:  "I'm AstraZeneca, and you're Evil Dr. Pork Chop, and you're going to capture me, and I'm going to say, 'Let me go!' and you're going to say, 'Never!!'"
  • Ryleigh:  "I want mushrooms in my cereal."  She means marshmallows.
  • Ryleigh and Zander:  "Oh, no!  The tomato picked up her house and put it in Mushkin land."  Said while watching The Wizard of Oz.  A "tomato" is a tornado.  After watching a little while, Ryleigh scathingly said, "All the people in this movie are missing body parts."
  • Ryleigh, singing an impromptu song to God:  "You are glorier than anything and joy is in Your hands.  I'm good at art, but you're better than me."  There was a lot more than this, but this stanza made me laugh (while she wasn't looking, of course -- she was in a serious mood during this song).  By the way, Kevin was videoing her while she was singing this, and right in the middle of her five minute song, Zander came streaking through the living room without a stitch of clothing on!  He thought this was totally hilarious.
  • Zander:  "I like that song about baby Moses in the manger."  Er...I need to clear up some things about the story of the incarnation.
  • I'd add some Lily-isms, but she pretty much only says "no" right now to just about everything!  :)
Have a great day!

Sundi

1 comment: