Monday, November 8, 2010

My Favorite Soup: Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup


Yesterday, Zander was sick so I made him some of my favorite soup!  This soup is incredible and really has the amazing ability to make me feel better.  :)  It tastes a lot like a favorite dish of mine growing up -- Huntington Chicken.  Here's the recipe:

Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup

  • 2 quarts water
  • 8 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
  • 6-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
  • 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
  • 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
  • Minced fresh parsley

Directions

  • In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not drain. Add soup and chicken; heat through.
  • Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream. Sprinkle with minced parsley. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).

2 comments:

  1. This soup is SOUP-ER! :) Seriously, though. I'm not even much of a chicken noodle soup kind-of-guy, but I could eat this stuff on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog, and wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading it. And, I made a very similar soup this week, but in the crockpot. It was super yummy!

    ReplyDelete