Friday, November 12, 2010

Stomach Bugs and Christmas Plans...

Well, our household has been overrun with two separate bouts of a stomach bug in the last thirty days or so, and I'm exhausted!

The first bout was much more virulent and laid us all out, even putting Kevin in the hospital as it severely messed with his blood sugars.  That night was insane -- I was sick, Lily was sick, and my husband was severely sick.  My parents came over and took the kids (praise God for His providence in this!), and so when it became apparent that Kevin was very ill, I was able to follow the ambulance right out to the hospital.  After a brief stint in the ICU, Kevin recovered, we all recovered, and I was feeling a sense of relief that we got that little virus out of the way for the rest of the season.

But early this week it started again...duh duh duh duh (ominous music).  Thankfully, it is much less severe!  Today Lily is the sick one.  I've missed a lot of church and social events, but am grateful it seems this next bout is almost over.  I'm a little bit leery now to think it might not come back, but I'm praying we have seen the last of tummy sickness for a long while!

On a more cheery note, the last couple of weeks I've been preparing for the upcoming holiday season.  I love the holidays!  I love the smells, sounds, cooler weather, sparkling lights, yummy food, fellowship with family and friends, and most of all, the sense of utter gratitude I have towards my God for the many gifts and blessings he has chosen to bestow on me.  The most important of these is His Son!

I'm hoping to write more over the next couple of weeks about how we have celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas in the past and how we are celebrating it this year, and about our various traditions and holiday memories.  If you'll be reading, I would love you to join in with your own experiences, traditions, plans, and remembrances!

Sundi

No comments:

Post a Comment